2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE vs. 2016 Porsche Cayenne
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE
2016 Porsche Cayenne
It only debuted this year, but the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE already reigns supreme among luxury crossovers, offering Palm Coast and Port Orange drivers more than even the highly sought-after 2016 Porsche Cayenne. Both vehicles represent the pinnacle of crossover technology, but the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE takes everything further.
Trim Levels and Price
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE is available for Palm Coast and Port Orange drivers in five indulgent trim levels:
- GLE300d 4MATIC® SUV: Starting at $52,500, even the standard GLE offers an impeccable list of features including 18-inch alloy wheels, adaptive suspension, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power liftgate, and an eight-speaker audio system with HD radio.
- GLE350 SUV: Starting at $51,100, the GLE350 adds 19-inch wheels as standard, and is available with a 4MATIC® four-wheel-drive system for a starting price of $53,600
- GLE400 4MATIC®: Starting at $64,600, the GLE400 4MATIC® features a rearview camera, keyless ignition and entry, navigation, and satellite radio. You’ll also be able to sink into leather upholstery and enjoy the crystal-clear sound of a 14-speaker harman/kardon® audio system.
- AMG® GLE63 SUV: Starting at $99,950, this model stands on eye-catching 20-inch wheels, and uses MG-tuned adaptive air suspension with adaptive stabilizer bars for an incredibly smooth drive. Other standard features include parking sensors in the front and rear.
- AMG® GLE63 S SUV: Starting at $107,100, the AMG® GLE63 S is top-of-the-line in every sense. It sits on 21-inch wheels, and boasts a sport steering wheel, suede headliner, unique upholstery, and a carbon-fiber engine cover.
The 2016 Porsche Cayenne starts at $58,300 — close to $6,000 more than a standard 2016 GLE — and offers features such as LED taillights, automatic wipers, power-folding heated mirrors, and rear privacy glass. Models work their way right up to the $157,300 Turbo S, which receives a carbon-fiber interior trim and a Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control system.
Powertrains and MPG
Both the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE is available with four powertrain options, while the 2016 Porsche Cayenne is available with five powertrain options, with the GLE offering:
- 2.1L Diesel Four-Cylinder: For up to 201 hp, 369 lb-ft of torque, and the ability to earn up to 22 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
- 3.5L V6: Takes your output up to 302 hp and 273 lb-ft or torque, earning up to 18 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
- 3.0L V6: Enjoy up to 329 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque while still getting up to 18 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.
- 5.5L V8: Puts you in command of up to 577 hp and 561 lb-ft of torque, but still makes up to 13 mpg in the city and 17 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Porsche Cayenne offers:
- 3.6L V6: Makes up to produces 300 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, achieving around 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
- 3.0L Diesel V6: Generates 240 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque, earning up to 20 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
- 3.6L V6: Produces 440 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque, earning up to 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
- 3.0L V6 Hybrid: The Cayenne’s hybrid makes up to 416 hp alongside 435 lb-ft of torque.
- 4.8L V8: The V8 commands up to 570 hp and 590 lb-ft of torque, earning up to 14 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE offers greater power than the Cayenne can match.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE offers more beneath the hood than the 2016 Porsche Cayenne, and it continues to do so when it comes to the interior.
- Standard Cargo Space: With all seats occupied, the 2016 GLE provides up to 38.2 cubic feet of storage room. The Cayenne offers only 23.6 cubic feet.
- Available Cargo Space: Flip the rear seats to enjoy up to 80.3 cubic feet in the GLE. The Cayenne remains quite cramped, providing just 62.9 cubic feet.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE
2016 Porsche Cayenne
|Starts at $52,500||Starts at $58,300|
|Up to 577 hp||Up to 570 hp|
|80.3 cubic feet of cargo space||62.9 cubic feet of cargo space|
|Available 8-inch screen||Available 7-inch screen|
Comfort and Convenience Features
In addition to its notably expansive dimensions, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE is able to wow Palm Coast and Port Orange drivers with features that aren’t available with the 2016 Porsche Cayenne.
These features include:
- Touchpad Controller: Use a central touchpad with rotary knob and one-touch keys to control entertainment and navigation with ease.
- 8-Inch Screen: The best that the 2016 Porsche Cayenne can offer is a 7-inch screen.
- Bang & Olufsen BeoSound: With 14 active speakers, two acoustic lenses, and 900 watts of power.
Both the 2016 Porsche Cayenne and the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE come with a wide variety of standard and available safety features, but only the GLE comes with an Attention Assist Feature. This industry-first technology comes as standard with all models, and actually monitors your driving profile for signs of drowsiness.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE is in a League of Its Own
With stronger technology, more power, and plenty of space, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE easily outclasses the 2016 Porsche Cayenne. For further information, just contact us online or call 855-627-5569 today. We hope to see our Palm Coast and Port Orange customers soon!